Random Nerd Fact

Mike Rowe's voice can make grown men fall to their knees...FACT

The Nerdgasm

Posted by Sinatra The Tank | Posted in , , , | Posted on 10:58 PM

Well its slowed down a bit the last few days around these parts due to some various factors (Start of Classes, College Weekend and Mass Effect 2) but I think the people that come to the blog are few and far between enough so that it hasn't caused to much grief. I'm back with a late Sunday night edition of the Nerdgasm and then its off to bed and a new week of classes and homework begin.


1. Scott Pilgrim vs. Sylvester Stallone

(I don't understand his appeal)

Edgar Wright has finally revealed the release date for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and it shall fall on August 13th. The date puts it up against Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables which also looks all kinds of awesome (albeit for different reasons). That being said I'll be watching Micheal Cera that day not Sly.

2. Does Whatever A High School Musical Can


Rumor Alert! According to a UK gossip mag Tobey McGuire has picked Zac Efron to take over his web shooting duties, not that Tobey has anything to do with the project or anything but still it's something. There really isn't anything to this other than Tobey MIGHT have said he'd be down for Efron taking on his old role but yeah slow news week.

3. Avatar > Titanic

"This is never gonna fly"

I tried to avoid it but I just couldn't. Avatar has now officially passed Titanic in worldwide gross not accounting for inflation (it currently sits 22nd on that list) and it should top the U.S. gross of Cameron's last flick this week. I really didn't think it was possible but hey Cameron keeps provig me wrong.

Yeah not a lot going on that hasn't been covered by thousands of people already. I plan to watch a new flick or TV show this week to review but until then stick with us, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!


Comments (2)

Nice recap this week, Frank.
I heard about the Scott Pilgrim stuff earlier this past week or late the week before that and I was ecstatic! I haven't seen too many 80s action flicks, so I'm not as acquainted with the stars of "The Expendables", so I'm less likely to see that. And I have read all the volumes of Scott Pilgrim ... so ... yeah. :)
And ... Zefron as Peter Parker/Spiderman? Eh ... :P

Yeah been a bit behind on the old ball, hope to remedy that but then again Classes don't help matters.

Post a Comment

Labels