Random Nerd Fact

Mike Rowe's voice can make grown men fall to their knees...FACT

OMG Blackest Night 7

Posted by Sinatra The Tank | Posted in , , | Posted on 10:42 AM

Many people have had mixed feelings about the whole Blackest Night event that DC is currently running. The basic idea of dead superheros rising from the graves to destroy all life in the universe started with a bang but sometime around the half way point lots of folks were starting to get frustrated for various reasons for I have loved the hell out of every issue of Blackest Night, Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps that has run as a part of the main stories. The various spin-offs I could give or take but I will say I enjoyed Blackest Night: Superman and Blackest Night: Wonder Woman a lot.

Anyway since the beginning of the whole shebang the big question has been when will the White Lantern's emerge and who will be the first? I've read lots of theories and also came up with my own but for the most part everyone thought obviously Hal Jordan would be the White Lantern that would be the main man in charge of destroying Nekron and the Black Lanterns. Well folks Blackest Night number 7 just read the Hal Jordan sign, shook it off and threw a beautiful curve ball. Just take a look at the cover for Green Lantern #52 for the epic reveal of the first White Lantern.

SPOILER ALERT BELOW!

Take a look below:


How badass is that!?!

I suppose Sinestro makes sense if you think about it but for some reason he never entered my mind when thinking of a White Lantern. The whole scene in which he learns some painful truths about past events and basically throws Jordan aside in order to become the Lantern was amazing. I know this is an epic spoiler already to anyone who hasn't read it but the journey to the end result is a hell of a ride and I can't wait to see how its all wrapped up next month.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Labels