Random Nerd Fact

Mike Rowe's voice can make grown men fall to their knees...FACT

The TOP Spot-1/28/10

Posted by Sinatra The Tank | Posted in , , | Posted on 8:01 PM


Things have slowed down a bit this week due to some little game called MASS EFFECT 2 but we are still alive and kicking (for now) so in honor of that we have a new TOP Spot:


Sinatra's TOP 10 Videogames (X-Box 360)

10. Condemned:Criminal Origins
The first game I played on my 360 was Condemned and it really showed off the potential of the 360. The story was also moody and creepy. A truly great addition to the First Person Horror genre.

9. Assassins Creed II
I enjoyed the first Assassins Creed enough to be drawn back for a second outing and I'm glad I did. Assassins Creed 2 is one of the best single player experiences on the current Gen, it also helps that the story is interesting.

8. Rock Band 2
Who doesn't love Rock Band 2, hell I love all Rhythm games but Rock Band 2 was the first one to get it all right and it continues to live on through DLC. I can't imagine what RB3 will bring to the table but I can't wait!

7. Fifa 09
There is no sports game more addicting than Fifa and to be Fifa 09 was the peak of the mountain. Don't get me wrong I love Fifa 10 but something about 09 (maybe the fact that I was better online) just made the game more enjoyable.

6. Bioshock
Basically took the formula of Condemned aka Moody and Creepy and threw them in a blender with some awesome powers and a fantastic period-centric story filled with twist and turns around every corner. The opening of the game/decent into Rapture was one of the defining moments of the 360.

5. Mass Effect
What can you say about Mass Effect that hasn't already been said? I for one was late to the game and didn't give it a fair shot until far after it was released but I'm glad I finally came to my senses. The games story takes Science Fiction story telling to a new level. The game is as personal and in-depth as you make it and in my case I soaked it all in and the sequel...OH THE SEQUEL!

4. Star Wars:The Force Unleashed
Speaking of Sci-Fi what could be more Sci-Fi than Star Wars? NOTHING! I honestly don't get the mediocre scores this game gets. It's go its flaws (The Star Destroyer part) but for the most part it's a fun filled action game set in and expanding upon the great Star Wars Universe. As long as the sequel avoids broken gameplay it should top th original.

3. Left 4 Dead 2
Another game I was late to as evident by my review for a few weeks back. Basically I like it A LOT if you want a more in-depth review check out a few pages back.

2. Batman:Arkham Asylum
Calling it the best Batman game ever isn't really a big deal but calling it one of the best games ever may be. I honestly love this game, Game of the Year for 2009 in my opinion. The announcement of the sequel both excited and scared me, if it can keep the mood and gameplay as perfect as they were while introducing new gameplay elements and villains I don't see it failing.

And the TOP Spot goes to...


1. Dead Rising
Easily the best 3rd person, Zombie, Action game set in a mall ever! When I think of the most fun I've had with a game I think back to this sucker.


It's the only launch(ish) 360 game I still have on my shelf because the itch to play it may never be to far off. Running around as Frank West (bonus points for the hero being named Frank!) killing zombies in as many different fashions as possible is easily the most fun I've had with a game since I was a young boy in the 8-bit era.





Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Labels